Learn how to pin ONE image to ONE board reaching THOUSANDS. The results are astounding with group boards…
Steps On How To Pin & Join Group Boards
Business Account Setup
- Sign up for a business account or convert your personal account to a business account – Click Here For The Steps.
- Businesses will accept your request to join their board, if your account is a business name.
- I converted my personal account to a business account, because I wanted all the features and I didn’t want to have to login to two separate accounts.
- I moved my 70+ group boards to the top of my account.
- My personal boards are at the bottom. There are 5 boards in a row (on my desktop), which includes 14 rows before one would see my personal boards. Some boards I made private, because they are just for me.
- The benefits of a business account: Analytics Tool, Rich Pins that add extra detail from your shop, Promoted Pins and so much more.
How To Pin
- Add the Pinterest button to your browser so you can hover over images and pin them to your boards. Click here to see how to add the button. If you are on your phone be logged into Etsy and Pinterest.
- After it is installed hover over your image that has your watermark or company name on it and click on the Pinterest icon that shows up over you image. Save that to your board.
What A Pin Should Look Like
- In the description include your title/keywords, the URL back to you and 1 hashtag.
- Click here to see an example of what a pin should look like.
- Select the board you want to pin to.
- After it is pinned go to that image and click on the pencil. Make sure your URL is in the website tab.
Where To Pin
- I created two galleries. I use these boards to repin from to group boards.
- Group Boards
What I Do In 5 Minutes (4-6 times a day)
You don’t want Pinterest to think you’re a spammer so don’t go crazy pinning all your images/your URL to a board. I pin 5-10 minutes 4-6 times a day, while adding variety on what links I am pinning to.
- I pin 4-5 of my pins from my gallery board to 4-5 group boards. The reason I only pin one pin to each board is because I don’t want to look like a business pinning. Pinners will skim right over pins that are of the same product.
- I go to Pinterest.com and pin 5 random pins going to different boards.
- I then pin 3 of my pins from my gallery board to 3 group boards.
- I invite 3-5 pinners to join my group boards.
- I ask to join one group board.
How To Find Group Boards
- Go into PinGroupie and type in your keyword ie) anniversary gift and industry related keyword ie) wedding and join these groups.
- Find groups with 2,000+ followers.
- Only join group boards that explain, in their profile, how they want you to reach them. ie) email or message. You will have a much better response rate if they have explained this in their profile.
- Don’t forget to follow the board so they can invite you. When you email or message the board owner include your Pinterest account URL and the URL of the board you want to contribute to.
Group Boards To Join (Here are a few group boards we like)
- Etsy Shop Boards You Can Join
- Advertising Boards You Can Join
- RePin Boards You Can Join
Blogging / Shout Outs – can’t write and no time….I have the answer
- If you have a website or even Blogger.com you can create blogs and repin them. Just so you know I am a terrible writer so I create shout outs, which takes me 10 minutes(this includes me pinning them to Pinterest). A few sentences about the images in the blog. The images are taken from someone elses website. I link back to their website so they always get that traffic. After the shout out is created I pin to my group boards. The shout outs are about those in my industry. I am in the wedding world so I write shout outs about bridal showers, wedding flowers, groom suits, etc. This drives a lot of traffic of those in my industry back to me. I now get companies reaching out to me to post their articles on my blog….and they are paying me!